Getting into Andersen Consulting/Accenture
I applied to Accenture in the Spring of 2000 mostly out of a whim. With graduation immiment (December of 2000), I, along with hundreds of other fellow engineering graduates was busily doing the rounds by interviewing with engineering companies within the state.
As I recall, I had happened to notice that Andersen Consulting was interviewing on campus. Although I didn't have a clear idea what the company did, I did know that it was a desireable/prestigious company by reputation and decided to go to their campus recruiting session to check it out.
On that fateful day, I spent the better part of the morning interviewing at UBS in Stamford, CT for a systems analyst position. While I was impressed with the company, I didn't feel that I was well qualified for the job. Althought the interview session went smoothly, I never did get a call back from them.
Somewhat deflated from the prior UBS interview, I arrived back on campus early that afternoon and walked to the student union for my interview slot with respresentatives from Andersen Consulting. Although I expected to be quizzed about my background, education and past work experience, the interviewers breezed through most of it and focused mainly on behavioral/"what-if" questions and where my interests lie. I felt that I did fairly well, but did not seriously expect anything out of it. I was still waiting for the offers from the other engineering companies to come through.
To be continued...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home